Swift Protect Pro Dry 8.9mm is a triple rated rope with an aramid sheath for increased resistance to cutting making it the perfect do-everything rope without being bulky. Size:8.9mm x 30mColour: Green Brand Colour:Green – Night GreenProduct ID: 291333
712890400220 4028545115481 The Edelrid Swift Protect Pro Dry is part of Edelrid’s Pro Line which feature the brand’s most innovative technologies and highest quality finishing processes. The Swift Protect Pro Dry is a triple rated rope which means it is certified as a single rope, a half rope and a twin rope to triple its versatility!
The Swift Protect Pro Dry is rated by the most up to date UIAA waterproof ratings allowing it to don the descriptor DRY – the new standards developed by the UIAA require ropes to absorb less than 5% of the rope sample’s weight after being subject to multiple simulations of wear to mimic rock and ice. All Edelrid ropes labeled as ‘Pro Dry’ have water a water absorption of just 1-2%. The Swift Protect Pro Dry also features a new aramid sheath that reinforces rope against abrasion reducing the chance of the rope being cut, the true joy of the Swift Protect Pro Dry is that processing method used to add all this protection does not reduce the impact force that the rope can take.
The Swift Protect Pro Dry therefore has an impregnated core and sheath making it durably water repellent and dirt resistant, highly abrasion-resistant and with optimal gliding characteristics that handle well in cold and wet conditions. It also benefits from heat treatment which prolongs the lifespan of the rope by reducing shrinkage and increasing the supple feel of the rope. To top it all off, the rope is Bluesign certified meaning that the materials used to produce the rope have been sourced in an environmentally friendly way.
- Length: 40m
- Diameter: 8.9mm
- Weight: 53g Per Meter
- Rope Type: Triple rated; single, twin, double
- Number of falls factor: 6/18/30
- Impact Force: 9,9/7,3/11,8kN
- Dynamic Elongation:29/26/25%
- Static Elongation: 5,5/5,2/3,5%
- Sheath Slippage: 0mm
- Dry Treatment: Sheath and Core Dry Treatment
- Proctect Treatment: Higher sheath content and aramid processing for increased cut resistance under load, e.g. over sharp edges
- Thermo Shield treatment for perfect handling
- When used as a single rope, not suitable for top-rope or workout climbing
- Long-lasting water-repellent and dirt-resistant, thanks to the Pro Dry finish
- 3D lap coiling enables instant use without tangles