A lightweight directional freeride ski ready to throw down big lines, the Mindbender 116 C is the ultimate big mountain powder ski. Size:193cmColour: Blue / orange Brand Colour:Blue/Orange Year:2021Bindings:Ski Only Product ID: 277283
10E0100.101.1.193 886745858782 The 2021 Mindbender 116C comes from the latest installment of K2’s freeride line of skis. The Mindbender range is full of the latest technology and materials you would expect from premium skis but most importantly they all follow K2’s ethos that skiing is fun! With 116mm underfoot this ski excels in the backcountry offering a maximum float to hit those big freeride lines.
K2 has used a powder rocker which consists of a high a long rise tip and a mellow tail to maximise float in deep snow. The core is made up of a blend of maple and paulownia, which reduces the weight of the ski but also adds durability and strength. Maple is extremely dense great for power transfer and stability whilst paulownia is way more lively and flexible to provide pop and agility. The Mindbender 116C also includes K2’s carbon spectral braided design. Carbon fiber is specifically arranged in the core of the ski to give it a progressive torsional flex. This means the ski is torsionally stiff in the center body of the ski but more easy-going at the tip and tail. The result is increased stability, accurate turn initiation, and consistent turn release on all snow conditions.
On top of the spectral braid, the Mindbender 116C also has a carbon boost braid. These are longitudinal carbon stringers woven into the spectral braid to add even more pop and rebound, perfect for hitting those off-piste booters. These skis are primed and ready for hours of freeride skiing, but even with its wide waist width, the strong and durable construction means it can also blast down a fresh groomer as well. These skis are suitable for advanced skiers looking to use a freeride ski that won’t bog down in the deepest powder.
- Torsion Control Design – Torsionally stiffest in the fore body and centre of the ski but progressively easing throughout the tail, aiding in acuuraste and smooth turn initiation and release.
- Carbon Spectral Braid An extension of K2’s Torsion Control Design, Carbon Spectral Braid is a first of its kind variable angle reinforcement (Patent Pending) that allows for precision tuned torsion and flex by altering the fiber orientation along the length of the ski.
- Slantwall – By adding a 30 degree angle to the sidewall of the ski Slantwall increases a skis agility and responsiveness while maintaining accuracy and power.
- Maple/Paulownia – Blending dense maple for power and strength with paulownia for pop and agility.
- Carbon Boost Braid Longitudinal carbon stringers for added pop and rebound
- Designed For – 100% Freeride
- Rider Profile – Advanced
- Camber Profile – Powder Rocker
- Base –
- Flex – Medium
- Bindings – Not Included –
- Binding Mounting – Will need to be professionally .
- Ski Compatibility – Code H. Bindings with the matching code are suitable for this ski
- Condition – Brand new – Factory waxed